Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Late night conversations are usually the ones that mean the most :)

What am i waiting for ?
Night after night ... 
Why can't i sleep ?
My body wants to give in but my mind refuses to ...
What if ... if only ... i wish ...
I miss those nights ... those late night convos ... !! 
Did i just dream them up ... or were they real ?
Just a figment of my imagination?? ... are you too ??
Somehow they seemed so real to me ... i'm sure they were ...
Was it just déjà vu ? 
From another lifetime ?
Then why can i 'feel' you near me ... all the time ... 
I reach out to touch you ... but there's empty space ... 
But i can see you ... and you look right back at me ...
Your eyes haunt me ... you wink at me ...
You try to smile ... but it doesn't quite reach your eyes ... 
I hear what you're trying to tell me ...
But somehow i don't believe you ...
You reach out and flick the hair off my forehead 
You want to do more ... but you stop yourself 
Why did you do that ? I want the 'more' ...
Are you going to talk to me again ? 
I'll wait ... i'll always be waiting ... 
especially late at night ... especially on the other side ...


2 comments:

PRIYANKA DEY said...

I sooo agree!!!! I have become an Insomniac!!! :)

Some convos..some special moments..were a few nights long ago!

Urmi Pakalpati said...

That's life, Priyanka !
When it happens you think its gonna last forever ...