Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Lost in my thoughts...the damn place doesn't have any signposts !

I've been dying to write for ages now (well, i'm not quite dead yet ... so i guess i still have time). Tell me, does writing a diary when you're a teen qualify you to write a blog by the time you feel you've already been there, done that. Guess i'll find out soon enough.
There are just too many thoughts in my mind ... its a mind-blowing traffic jam in there, one you will never want to encounter because you will definitely get RUN over (this is actually a pun & there's only one person in this whole wide world who will understand what i mean) ... i wonder if this is the best way to get them out of my head ie. by writing a blog ...
Remember Billy Ocean's song "Get Outta My Dreams, Get Into My Car" .... well, if only that was possible, i'd be with him now ... Oh No! Not Billy Ocean ... Goodness Gracious Me! i was talking about someone who called himself  'Arm Candy' once ... oh, i'd love to have him on my arm, be in his arms, whatever ... as long as we are together it doesn't matter ... Well, where were we now ... aah yes, my thoughts ...
Isn't it funny how a person who was once a stranger, suddenly becomes someone you can't stop thinking of ? When i told him that, he refused to believe me ... But i'm telling you, it IS possible !! And that's whats causing the hurricane in my mind ... I dont have any control over my thoughts anymore .... My thoughts are free to go anywhere but its surprising how often they head in his direction ...well, they are my thoughts ... as wild & carefree as i'd like to be ... aah yes, my thoughts ...
I keep wondering do all women ( at least women like me, in a situation similar to mine ) go through the same mid-life crisis that i feel i'm going through ... by the way, what IS a mid-life crisis and how does it qualify to be such - thats another thought, as if i didnt have enough on my mind already .... double digit years into your married life, having given up a career to look after your child (not that i was very ambitious but i'd like to believe i was doing pretty well ) and now that she has blossomed into a pretty young lady who knows her mind and also decides when she needs you and when she doesn't ... does life now have to be just that ... caught between the child and the husband ... what about the me, the person who i actually am, but who is buried six feet under (even though i'm just a bit over five feet) ... aah yes, those are exactly my thoughts ....
The what-ifs, how-coulds, if-onlys, can't-its just don't seem to stop .... i wish i could take hold of these thoughts and be able to compartmentalize them into ...   'to stay',   'to trash',   'to donate'   and maybe even   'to sell' ... why not ... after all, every other person seems to be 'selling' their thoughts in the shape of a book ... well, thank God ... that certainly is not one of the things on my mind ... but wait, yes, i could write that book, the cook book with a difference ... oh yes! i did think of that long ago when ... God Lord, now this is back in my thoughts again .... aah yes, my thoughts ....
Now you know what a Thought Riot is taking place in my mind ... it even beats the number of Egyptians who've taken to the street to protest against injustice ... I sometimes feel instead of a sign that says "Do Not Disturb" I need one that says "Already Disturbed Proceed with Caution ..."
Now you know the reason i'm lost in my thoughts ... no signposts ... no direction ... searching ... & still some more ... Hope to see more of you while i ramble around ...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice Thought URMI...Ur Thoughts...Keep writting :)

Kartik said...

they ( your thoughts) are actually full of energy ... I like them. Please keep this wild garden the way it is now ...

Pamposh Dhar said...

Well, you got me hooked, girl. I'm following your blog so I don't miss out on future ramblings.
Nevertheless, can't help adding this note of caution: be in control of what you do and do not want to share with the world. Does that make me sound like a dadi-ma? Well, what the heck, I AM old enough to be one! :)

Urmi Pakalpati said...

Tnx Pam, I think it's called 'concern' & I sincerely appreciate it ... Will heed ur word !!

Unknown said...

Nice post. i just go through it. i appreciate your work. i like your blog also. Thank you for sharing.


ICSE Admission Mumbai | Mumbai schools